- 1 lb. skirt steak
- 1 cup mojo marinade
- 8 corn or flour tortillas
- 1 cup cheese, shredded
- ½ cup of your favorite salsa
- 1 bag corn tortilla chips, for garnish
- 1 lime, for garnish
- 1 jalapeño pepper, chopped
- ½ tsp. cumin
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. garlic, minced
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- ¼ cup fresh oregano, chopped
- ½ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- Place steak in plastic zipper bag with mojo marinade and place in refrigerator for minimum 2 hours.
- To make chimichurri; in small processor or blender, place jalapeño, garlic, all seasonings, parsley, cilantro, oregano, olive oil, and vinegar and pulse until blended, but not smooth. Set aside.
- Remove the steak from fridge and from marinade and let set at room temperature for 30 minutes before grilling.
- Prepare the grill for direct cooking, preheating to medium-high heat.
- Grill the skirt steak over direct heat, turning once and cooking until an internal temperature of 135-140°F.
- Cut steak into ½ inch strips, making sure to cut against the grain.
- Assemble your tacos with steak, chimichurri, cheese, and your favorite salsa. Add tortilla chips and/or lime to garnish.