Prep Time: 20 Minutes | Cook Time: 35 minutes | Serves: 12
- 12 pieces thick sliced bacon
- 3 tbsp. Unicoi Preserves Cherry Jalapeño Spread
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips
- Defrost the bread dough by placing it in a large bowl that has been wiped down with oil. Cover with plastic wrap and leave in a warm place to rise for about 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Place a wire rack on a foil lined baking sheet.
- Roll up each slice of bacon up tightly into a rosette, with the meatier part on top and fattier part on bottom. Secure the roll with two toothpicks as close to the bottom as you can, to form a cross. Place on a wire rack and repeat with all bacon.
- Bake for 35 minutes until the bacon roses have a nice color and are well cooked.
- Microwave cherry jalapeño spread for a few seconds to liquefy. Use this to glaze the roses.
- Bake roses 5-7 minutes to set the glaze. Remove from the oven and leave to cool on the rack. Carefully remove toothpicks.
- Melt chocolate chips in a small custard cup in the microwave or over a water bath.
- Dip the bottom half of each bacon rose in melted chocolate and place on wax paper to harden.
- Notes: To serve, use your imagination and have fun! Try Candied Bacon Roses with heart shaped pancakes, in a vase on wooden skewers with baby’s breath, in a bowl with edible greenery or with steamed asparagus as rose stems on a plate.