- 1-3 lb uncut beef tenderloin
- 2 sticks melted creamery butter
- 2 tsp. garlic salt
- 2 tsp. white pepper
- 2 tsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp. Zatarain’s Creole Seasoning
- melted butter
- fresh basil, chopped
- fresh oregano, chopped
- fresh rosemary, chopped
- garlic, chopped
- Mix all marinade ingredients together and, using a cooking syringe, inject into the tenderloin until plump and evenly full.
- Sprinkle the outside of the tenderloin with a generous amount of Zatarain’s Creole Seasoning, at least 3-4 tablespoons.
- In a skillet, slightly brown all sides of the tenderloin and finish in the oven at 375°, to your preferred doneness (see below). I like mine to reach an internal temperature of 130° and then take out of the oven.
- Let sit at least 10 minutes before cutting to let the meat and juices rest.
- Cover in more melted butter and fresh chopped basil, oregano and/or garlic!
Tenderloin Doneness: Rare
- Remove From Grill At: 130 to 135°F
- Final Cooked Temperature: 130 to 140°F
- Remove From Grill At: 140°F
- Final Cooked Temperature: 145°F
- Remove From Grill At: 155°F
- Final Cooked Temperature: 160°F
- Remove From Grill At: 165°F
- Final Cooked Temperature: 170°F