Asiago cheese is also a great alternative to Manchego cheese. Both are mild. I spin my peeled Brussels sprouts in a salad spinner to expedite the draining process. This dish is a great alternative to take to a potluck instead of coleslaw. Try using Laura Lynn Ranch Dressing as a substitute for Green Goddess Dressing. The kids will love it for sure!
Brussels Sprout Salad
- 2 lbs. fresh Brussels sprouts, blanched, shocked, and peeled
- ½ cup Laura Lynn sliced almonds, slightly toasted
- ½ cup Manchego cheese, shaved
- ½ cup dried berries (i.e. cherries, craisins, cranberries)
- ¼ lb. pancetta or Laura Lynn center cut bacon, crispy fried and drained
- Green Goddess Dressing, as desired
- Bring 8 quarts of water to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Add Brussels sprouts and boil for four minutes. Remove Brussels sprouts from water and place in a separate bowl of iced water to shock and stop the cooking. Test to ensure they are cool enough to handle and transfer to a colander to drain.
- Using a medium saucepan, toast the almonds over low heat until light brown in color, transfer to a separate dish and let cool.
- Cut pancetta or bacon into small cubes and cook until crispy, drain excess fat, and let cool.
- Trim base end from Brussels sprouts, peel individual leaves away from head until brussel sprout is approximately half in size. Take the smaller remaining core and slice two or three times. Do this to all Brussels sprouts.
- Combine all ingredients into a large bowl. Season with the desired amount of dressing and mix to combine. Place in the refrigerator to let
Green Goddess Dressing
- 1 cup Laura Lynn whole milk Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup Laura Lynn mayonnaise or sour cream
- 1 cup parsley
- 1 cup mixed herbs such as dill, tarragon, chives, and/or cilantro
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. anchovies (optional)
- 2 tsp. capers with brine
- 2 cloves fresh garlic
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In a food processor combine, yogurt, mayo or sour cream, parsley, mixed herbs, lemon juice, anchovies (optional), capers w/brine, and garlic. Pulse until well combined. Season with salt and pepper to taste. This can be made in advance to save time.