- 3 lbs. sweet potatoes
- 1T salt
- 1C mayonnaise
- 1T brown mustard
- 1T Worcestershire sauce
- 3T red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro, finely minced
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2C black beans, cooked, rinsed and drained
- 1C red onion, finely diced
- In the stock pot, place the sweet potatoes and cover with water and 1T salt. Cover and heat to boiling. Reduce the heat to a low simmer and continue to cook until tender, about 20 minutes. After cooking, drain the potatoes in a colander and allow to cool.
- Once you can handle the potatoes, remove the skins and cut into coarse chunks, about 1⁄2 inch square. Add the black beans and red onion, lightly tossing.
- In the small mixing bowl, whisk together the mayo, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, vinegar, black pepper, cilantro and teaspoon of salt.
- Pour over the potato mixture and fold until well mixed. Refrigerate for 1 hour to meld the flavors.