Let’s ring in the holidays with this delicious appetizer or enjoy it as a meal with a wonderful red wine.
- 4 slices multigrain loaf, cut ½ inch thick
- 4 oz. blue cheese
- 4 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup walnuts
- ½ cup honey
- 4 figs
- fresh herbs, for garnish
- Brush ½ teaspoon of extra virgin olive oil on each side of each slice of bread.
- Put a grill pan on medium heat and add the bread slices. Grill until both sides are lightly toasted. It takes about 2 minutes per side. Set aside to cool.
- If you are grilling in the oven: Preheat the oven to 400°F. Place the bread on a baking sheet and grill each side for 4 minutes.
- Take out and place the blue cheese on the bread. Top with sliced figs and walnuts and then drizzle with honey.
- Garnish with herbs of your choice.