- 1 box moist yellow cake mix
- 4 large eggs
- 1 (3 oz). box raspberry or blackberry jello
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup water
- 2 ⁄3 can blackberry pie filling
- 1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese
- 1 stick butter
- 1 lb. box confectioners sugar
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 (8 oz.) tub cool whip
- fresh blackberries, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Mix cake mix, eggs, jello, oil, and water in a large bowl until well blended. Gradually stir in blackberry pie filling. Pour into two well greased 9 inch pie pans. Bake for 30-35 minutes. Allow to cool completely on a wire rack.
- Beat softened cream cheese and butter until light and thoroughly combined then add box confectioners sugar, vanilla, and cool whip.
- Mix until this is well incorporated. Assemble cakes by frosting bottom layer then add top cake and frost all over.