Can be served cold or room temperature.
- 1 lb. long stem marinated artichokes from the Ingles deli (can substitute with 2 cans of marinated artichokes)
- 1 small container mixed bell peppers (pre-chopped) from the Ingles produce department (can substitute with ¼ cup each of chopped red, yellow, orange, and green bell peppers)
- ¼ cup onion, chopped (optional)
- 2 fresh lemons
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. brown or Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp. fresh dill (optional)
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. freshly cracked pepper
- Zest both lemons and set aside (do not cut before attempting to zest).
- For the dressing, juice both lemons and place in a small bowl. Add mustard, dill, salt, and pepper and whisk together. Slowly stream in the olive oil, whisking constantly until well combined. Add dill and lemon zest to dressing.
- For the vegetables, quarter the artichokes and place in a bowl. Add the chopped peppers and onions.
- Pour dressing on the vegetables and sprinkle the lemon zest. Combine well.