- 16 oz. dried white bread, cubed
- 1 stick of salted butter, sliced
- 2 cups celery, diced
- 1¼ cup yellow onion, diced
- 1 lb. apple, chopped
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 4 tbsp. fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tbsp. fresh rosemary, chopped
- ½ tsp. dried thyme
- ½ tsp. dried sage
- 2 cups chicken broth
- salt & pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven/smoker to 325°F.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat and sauté onion and celery until softened.
- Add in apples and continue to cook until they begin to soften.
- Remove skillet from heat and toss in cranberries, 3 tbsp. parsley, rosemary, thyme, and sage.
- Pour breadcrumbs in large mixing bowl and mix in apple mixture. Season with salt and pepper and pour in one cup of chicken broth. Gently mix.
- Slowly mix in more chicken broth, gently mixing, until breadcrumbs are softened.
- Pour bread mixture into a greased 8x13 baking dish and spread evenly. Cover with foil and place into oven for 15 minutes. Remove foil and bake for another 15-25 minutes, until heated through and top is golden brown.
- Serve warm garnished with remaining parsley.