Here’s the perfect low carb Taco loaded with a powerhouse of “flavor!” Perfect for an easy lunch or light dinner.
Serves: 4-8 people
- 4 avocados, ripe
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 2 tsp. cumin
- ½ cup jalapenos, chopped
- 2 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. pepper
- ¾ cup Abby J’s Roasted Garlic Salsa
- ½ cup sharp cheddar cheese
- ½ cup lettuce, shredded
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes, sliced
- ½ cup black olives, sliced
- 1 dollop of sour cream on each avocado
- cilantro for garnishing
- Halve and pit avocados. Using a spoon, scoop out a bit of avocado to create a larger well. Set avocado aside to use later.
- Squeeze lime juice over all halved avocados (to prevent browning).
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Add onions, jalapeños and cook about 6 minutes until tender.
- Add ground beef and cumin. Season with salt and pepper, breaking up the meat with a wooden spoon. Cook until the beef is no longer pink, about 6 minutes. Remove from heat and drain fat.
- Add Abby J’s Roasted Garlic Salsa and mix well. Fill each avocado with beef mixture, then top with cheese, lettuce, tomatoes and olives. Garnish with cilantro and a dollop of sour cream.