- 1 (½ lb.) ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (15 oz.) can crushed or diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 oz.) can pinto beans
- 1 (15 oz.) can drained whole kernel corn
- 1 (8 oz.) can tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 1 pack taco seasoning
- 2 tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 tbsp. crushed red pepper
- Brown your ground beef and onion together on medium-high heat.
- Add remaining ingredients to your ground beef and onion mixture.
- Simmer for 30 - 40 minutes.
You can add grated cheddar cheese to the top of your soup along with sour cream and jalapeño. I love to add some tortilla chips to my soup as well!
This comforting soup is very flavorful and super easy to put together. This is my Mama’s recipe and I remember being so excited when she would make this for dinner.