- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 pound dry macaroni
- 2 tablespoons garlic or 2 cloves minced
- 1 cup onion diced
- 1 cup diced bell pepper
- 1 can diced tomatoes 28 oz.
- 4 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon dry basil
- salt & pepper to taste
- 3 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese divided
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. cook noodles for 3/4 of time according to package.
- Drain and rinse under cold water. Meanwhile cook onions, garlic, peppers and brown beef.
- Drain and combine green peppers, beef, noodles, tomatoes, tomato paste, basil, salt & pepper, and 1 cup of cheddar cheese.
- Pour half into a 9 X 13 casserole and put 1 cup of cheese and then pour another half on top and add remaining cheese and 1 tablespoon of fresh chopped parsley.
- Bake uncovered for 35 to 40 minutes or until bubbly and cheese is brown.
- This can be done in two smaller casserole dishes for smaller portions. You can bake one and freeze one and this is a great time saver when preparing good meals for your family.