- 1 avocado, cubed
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- ¼ cup basil leaves, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- juice of ½ lemon
- sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 2-4 slices of your favorite bread (we like Ezekial Sprouted Grain)
- pat of high-quality and/or great tasting butter
- In a large bowl, place avocado cubes (watch this video if you aren’t familiar with cubing an avocado), red pepper flakes (if using), basil, olive oil, lemon juice, and a little bit of salt and pepper (about ½ teaspoon salt, ¼ teaspoon pepper). Gently stir… There’s no need to mash.
- Toast bread slices, and rub it with butter. I like it lightly rubbed with Amish butter, but it’s definitely a personal preference.
- Top with avocado spread and sprinkle with more salt and pepper, a swirl of olive oil, and a bit of sriracha (if using).