Make It Vegan: Substitute butter with vegetable oil and chicken stock with water.
- 2 tbsp. butter
- ½ cup onion, chopped
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 4 cups frozen peas, thawed
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- ¼ cup fresh mint leaves, chopped
- salt and pepper
- sour cream
- fresh mint leaves, for garnish
- In a medium stock pot, melt butter over medium heat.
- Add chopped onion and cook until onion is softened but not brown, 6-8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add stock and bring to boil. Add peas, turn down heat and simmer 3-4 minutes, until just tender. Remove stock pot from heat and add parsley and mint. Purée with immersion blender, thinning with water if too thick.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Refrigerate and serve chilled.
- Garnish with sour cream and fresh mint leaves.