For 6 people
- 1 bag of precut/washed collards
- 1 1/2 pound(s) yukon gold potatoes, wash and cut in half (do not peel)
- 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 2 tablespoon(s) low or reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) crushed red pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoon(s) grated parmesan cheese
Collard and Potato Sauté Directions
- Put potatoes and 1 tsp of salt in a large pot and fill with water until potatoes are covered. Heat to boiling and boil for 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Drain and set aside to cool slightly.
- Cut cooled potatoes into 1/4 inch slices. Spray a large non-stick skilled with cooking spray and add 1 TBSP of oil. Saute potato slices in oil for 8 minutes. Add onion, red pepper and saute until onions are golden brown.
- Add garlic and saute for one minute. Add chicken broth and then collards, cover and cook for 3 minutes until greens are wilted. Sprinkle with pepper and parmesan cheese and serve.