For 6 people
- 1 cup(s) Milk
- 1 tablespoon(s) butter or margarine
- 2 baking potatoes, baked, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup(s) chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/4 cup(s) chopped celery
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) pepper
- 14 1/2 ounce(s) reduced sodium chicken broth
- 8 slices OSCAR MAYER Center Cut Bacon, crisply cooked, crumbled and divided
- 3/4 cup(s) KRAFT Cheddar CLASSIC MELTS Cheddar & American, divided
- 2 tablespoon(s) green onion slices, divided
- 1/4 cup(s) BREAKSTONE'S or KNUDSEN Sour Cream
Bacon & Baked Potato Soup Directions
- MELT butter in heavy saucepan or Dutch oven. Add onions and celery; cook and stir 5 min. or until crisp-tender. Add broth, milk, potatoes, salt and pepper; bring just to boil, stirring constantly. Slightly crush potatoes with back of spoon. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer 5 min., stirring frequently.
- RESERVE 2 Tbsp. each of the bacon and cheese and 1 Tbsp. of the green onions for toppings; set aside. Add remaining bacon, cheese and green onions to soup just before serving; cook until cheese is melted, stirring constantly.
- SERVE topped with reserved bacon, cheese, green onions and sour cream.