For 4 people
- 2 tablespoon(s) balsamic vinegar
- 12 ounce(s) beef sirloin or top round
- 3/4 cup(s) beef broth (reduced sodium)
- 2 tablespoon(s) honey
- 2 tablespoon(s) cornstarch
- 2 tablespoon(s) reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon(s) chopped fresh ginger
- 2 cup(s) jasmine rice, cooked
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoon(s) sesame oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 medium red peppers, seeds removed and cut into thin strips
- 1 medium red onion, cut into thin slices
- 4 cup(s) bok choy, washed and cut (stems and leaves) into thin strips
Beef & Bok Choy Stir Fry Directions
- Trim fat from meat and cut into bite-sized strips and set aside.In a small mixing bowl combine broth, soy sauce, vinegar, honey, cornstarch and red pepper flakes with whisk and then set aside.
- Cook rice as directed and reserve.
- Coat non-stick skillet or wok w/ vegetable spray and then add 1 TBSP of sesame oil.
- Heat over medium heat and add garlic and ginger and stir fry for 15 seconds.
- Add peppers and onion and stir fry for 5 minutes.
- Add bok choy and stir fry for additional 2-3 minutes.
- Remove vegetables from pan.
- Add remaining sesame oil to wok/skillet.
- Add steak and stir fry for 2-3 minutes or until brown on both sides.
- Add broth mixture to pan and cook until liquid is thickened and bubbling.
- Add vegetables back to skillet.
- Stir so vegetables are coated with sauce.
- Serve atop cooked rice.
- Kcal: 626 kcal
- Fibers (g): 6g
- Sodium (mg): 480mg
- Carbs: 90g
- Fat: 13g