For 4 people
- 1/2 cup(s) low-fat (1%) milk
- 4 whole wheat English Muffins or larger sliced whole wheat bread, cut or tear into bite sized pieces so you have about 4 cups worth
- 2 cup(s) cooked ham - use deli ham thickly sliced and then cube it
- 2 steamed asparagus(steam until still crispy) and cut up
- 4 ounce(s) thickly sliced swiss cheese, cut into cubes
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup(s) reduced or low fat sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoon(s) chopped onion
Asparagus & Ham Breakfast Casserole Directions
- Spray a 2 qt pyrex or baking dish w/ non stick spray.
- Spread 2 cups of bread in bottom of dish.
- Add ham, asparagus, cheese and onion.
- Top with remaining bread.
- Whisk together the eggs, sour cream, pepper and milk and pour overtop.
- Make sure to press down the bread so all is saturated.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat over to 325 degrees.
- Bake uncovered in preheated overn for approximately 65-75 minutes or until internal temperature is 170degree or when you can insert knife and it comes out clean.
- Let stand for 10 minutes and serve.