Asparagus & Ham Breakfast Casserole
For 4 people ()
- 1/2 cup(s) low-fat (1%) milk
- 4 whole wheat English Muffins or larger sliced whole wheat bread, cut or tear into bite sized pieces so you have about 4 cups worth
- 2 cup(s) cooked ham - use deli ham thickly sliced and then cube it
- 2 steamed asparagus(steam until still crispy) and cut up
- 4 ounce(s) thickly sliced swiss cheese, cut into cubes
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup(s) reduced or low fat sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoon(s) chopped onion
Asparagus & Ham Breakfast Casserole Directions
Spray a 2 qt pyrex or baking dish w/ non stick spray.
Spread 2 cups of bread in bottom of dish.
Add ham, asparagus, cheese and onion.
Top with remaining bread.
Whisk together the eggs, sour cream, pepper and milk and pour overtop.
Make sure to press down the bread so all is saturated.
Cover and refrigerate overnight.
Preheat over to 325 degrees.
Bake uncovered in preheated overn for approximately 65-75 minutes or until internal temperature is 170degree or when you can insert knife and it comes out clean.
Let stand for 10 minutes and serve.