Genetically Engineered Products (GMOs)
Ingles Markets is committed to the following:
1. Supporting efforts of our food industry association, the Food Marketing Institute (FMI), towards national legislation that enables the FDA to call for manufacturers and farmers to identify products and ingredients that are "GMO-free" or "Non-GMO".
2. Abiding by all product labeling guidelines currently set forth by the US Department of Agriculture (USDA) and the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) as well as by state and local regulations.
3. Continuing to monitor the conversation nationally and among manufacturers and retailers on the topic of genetically engineered crops and ingredients as well as relevant scientific studies and research.
4. Continuing to provide our customers with a wide variety of options and choices including USDA Certified Organic products (which by definition are "non-GMO" – not genetically engineered).
5. Continuing to source products that bear the certified "Non-GMO project" seal.